Monday, April 30, 2012

Mexican Chicken Lasagna- Magic Pot

Yet agian...another FANTASTIC "magic pot" recipe! I kind of messed this one up when I was making it, but it still turned out really good! Can't wait until I do it again, the right way! It was a HUGE hit!


Mexican Chicken Lasagna--Magic Pot


Ingredients:
*1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
* 1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese (I used fat free)
* 2 cups (8oz) shredded cheese, divided (I used part fat free cheddar and part 2% mexican)
* 1 medium onion (~2/3c.), chopped
* 1 can (28oz) enchilada sauce (I accidentally used only 10oz)
* 12 (6in.) corn tortillas
* 3 cups diced or shredded chicken


Directions:

1. Place cream cheese in microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds, until soft.

2. Chop cilantro.

3. Add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups cheese to cream cheese. Mix well.

4. Chop onion and set aside.

5. Spread 2/3 cup enchilada sauce over bottom of deep covered baker. Pour remaining sauce into mixing bowl and set aside.

6. To assemble lasagna, dip 4 tortillas into enchilada sauce and arrange in bottom of baker.

7. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over tortillas. Top with 1 cup of chicken and 1/3 of the onion.

8. Repeat the layer one time.

9. Dip remaining 4 tortillas into sauce and arrange over top layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining cheese. (This is where I ran out of sauce. Luckily I had some salsa, so I used that on the top..although it wasn't much!)

10. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes.

11. Cut and serve. Soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment