I got this recipe, along with the other hamburger pie, from my Grandma Flitty. This one is also VERY good! One day, I might try adding the cheese to the normal hamburger pie.
Hamburger Cheese Pie
1 ½ lb. ground beef
3 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. ketchup
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ lb. grated American cheese
1. Slightly beat egg; combine with milk and ketchup.
2. Add to ground beef along with ½ cup bread crumbs.
3. Mix all ingredients until just blended.
4. Press half mixture into a 9 inch pie pan.
5. Cover with cheese.
6. Cover with remaining mixture.
7. OPTIONAL: ¼ tsp. oregano on top.
8. Bake at 425 for 15-20 min.