HG No-Buns-About-It Chili Dog Chili
* 2 (14.5oz) cans stewed tomatoes, mexican style if available (not drained) --(I didn't have this so I used 1 Fire-rosted with garlic, and one can diced with garlic and onion)
* 2 green bell peppers, chopped (I used 1 yellow pepper..not a huge fan of peppers in stew/soup)
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 5 light hot dogs
* 1 (15oz.) can red beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
* 1/2 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
* Optional: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper
* Optional toppings: fat free shredded cheese
1. Roghly chop stewed tomatoes, reserving juice. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add chopped peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped (fresh) tomato, give mixture a stir and cook another 1 minute.
4. Add stewed tomatoes and juice to the pot, and remaining ingredients (except optional ones). Raise heat and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and cover allowing to simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and remove lid to allow chili to thicken for about 20 minutes.
7. Add additional seasonings as needed, then serve with optional topping.
Breakdown(per 1 cup):