HG Chocolate-Chippy Cheese Danish
* 1 1/2 tsp. Truvia
* 1 tsp. powdered sugar
* 1 tsp. cornstarch
* 1 drop vanilla
* 1 Tbsp. Marshmellow Creme
* 1 Tbsp. Fat Free Cool Whip, thawed
* 4oz. fat free cream cheese, room temp
* 2 Tbsp. Truvia (more like 1-1 1/2)
* 1 Tbsp light vanilla soymilk (I used rice milk)
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
* 2 Tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 pkg. Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Make icing by combining 1 1/2t. Truvia, 1t. powdered sugar, 1t. cornstarch in a small micro-safe bowl.
3. Add drop of vanilla and 1 1/2t. cold water. Mix until ingredients have dissolved.
4. Add 1T. marshmallow creme and microwave 5 seconds, or until creme is soft enough to mix. Stir until smooth.
5. Add 1T. Cool Whip and stir again until combined. Refrigerate until ready to ice danish.
6. In a medium bowl, combine the 4oz. cream chz, 2T. Truvia (or less), 1T. soymilk, 1/2t. vanilla, and 1/4t. cinnamon. Stir until mixed.
7. Fold in 1/4c. oats and 2T. choc chips. Set aside. (this is the filling)
8. Roll out the dough on a baking sheet (sprayed with nonstick spray). Make sure it is even thickness all the way around.
9. Spool filling length-wise in the middle third of the pastry.
10. Cut 1in. strips on both sides and then "braid" pastry together by criss-crossing each side, one at a time.
11. Seal both sides so the filling will not come out.
12. Bake in oven 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool completely.
13. Just before serving, drizzle pastry with icing. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy.