WW Cheesy Potato Casserole
* Cooking spray
* 2 pounds potatoes, diced
* 1 cup low-fat milk (I used rice milk)
* 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
* 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 2 cups crushed unsweetened corn flakes (I used ritz crackers, but only 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch (or similar-size) baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place 2lb. diced potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Return to the pot.
3. Meanwhile, whisk 1c. milk and 2T. cornstarch in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often until bubbling and thickening, 2 to 4 minutes total.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in 8oz. Cheddar, 1c. yogurt, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2t. pepper until combined.
5. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and mix well. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle the casserole with corn flakes (or ritz). Using short bursts, coat the corn flakes with cooking spray (no need if you use ritz); sprinkle with the remaining pinch of salt.
7. Bake until browned and bubbling at the edges, about 1 hour. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Breakdown (3/4 Cup Per Serving):