HG Frozen Strawberry Bars
* 1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
* 1 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
* 1 cup Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal
* 3 tbsp. Sweetner (I use truvia, and a little less than 3T.)
* 1 tsp. cinnamon
* Half a 14-oz. can (1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp.) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
* 2 cups frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
* 16 oz. (2 cups) fat-free strawberry yogurt (I used nonfat vanilla, Kroger brand)
* 1 cup Cool Whip Free, slightly thawed
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter with 2 tbsp. water. Microwave until just melted; set aside.
3. In a blender or food processor, grind both types of cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency.
4. Transfer to a bowl, and add butter mixture, Splenda, and cinnamon. Stir until mixed well.
5. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish (I used 9x9) with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute crust mixture along the bottom of the dish, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust. Press it into the edges, but not up the sides.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes; remove and let cool.
7. Add all ingredients for filling to the blender. Blend at high speed until completely mixed and smooth.
8. Pour evenly over the crust in the baking dish, covering it completely. Cover and freeze for 6 hours, or until firm.
9. Before serving, remove from freezer and let thaw for 5 - 10 minutes. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
MAKES 9 SERVINGS
Breakdown (1 bar):