Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Apple Crisp


My mom used to make this recipe when I was young. I was never really a fan of "healthy" desserts (in my little kid mind healthy meant fruit and vegetables), but I DID love the topping. So when it came out of the oven I would scoop as much 'crisp' as I could and add ice cream. Through the years I have warmed up to the "healthy" part of the recipe, and now I love it! The best time to eat it is on a cold day in winter, warm out of the oven, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yumm-o!

P.s. The photos in this entry were from a doubled recipe, but the normal recipe is for an 8-9 inch dish.


Apple Crisp

Ingredients:
* 5 cups sliced pared tart apples (we ALWAYS use Jonathan)
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 3/4 cup enriched flour
* 3/5 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine


Directions:

1. Arrange the apples in a buttered 9-inch dish. 

2. Combine 1c. brown sugar, 3/4c. flour, 3/4c. oats, and 1t. cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.

3. Press mixture over apples.

4. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until the top is browned.

5. Serve warm with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment