Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chewy Granola Bars


I wanted a recipe for healthier, cheap granola bars. These are pretty good, but have a different taste because of the OJ. I personally love them. Brian does not like them. The key is that they are CHEWY. The good? They don't hurt my "sweet" teeth at all! :-)

Chewy Granola Bars

Ingredients:
* 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
* 1/3 cup orange juice (I used Trop50)
* 1 egg (I used egg beaters)
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I used reduced fat)
* 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chip


Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350.

2. Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray (I used 9x9).

3.  In a medium bowl combine the 1c. oats, 1/3c. OJ, egg, 1/4c. honey. Let sit for 10 minutes to soften the oats.
4. Stir in the 1/4c. peanut butter and 1T. chocolate chips until blended. Spread in the pan.

5. Bake until the top begins to firm, about 20 minutes. 

6. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting, then cut into 9 pieces.

6. ENJOY!

 Breakdown (per 1/9):
124 calories
5g fat
24mg cholesterol
41mg sodium
17g carbs
1g fiber
10g sugar
4g protein
3WWPP

No comments:

Post a Comment