This recipe is also from my favorite diabetic cookbook, Eat What You Love, page 135. I paired it with spinach dip, but these things were so good they can go with almost any dip, or just enjoy them on their own!
Homemade Pita Chips
* 2 (8-inch) whole wheat pita pockets
* 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (I used my handy dandy Melting Pot seasoning)
* Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Prep: Preheat oven to 350.
1. Carefully split each pita pocket in half, then stack them and cut into 3 wedges.
2. Spray baking sheet with oil, place pita wedges, spray to coat, then top with seasoning of your choice.
3. Bake for 8 minutes or until pita is crisp and golden brown.
Breakdown (Truly depends on your pita): Mine was 2 points per pocket, or 6 slices