Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crock Pot Cider


This recipe comes from Taste of Home: Best Church Supper Recipes (p. 66). I decided to give this one a whirl since we were entertaining my parents for Christmas breakfast, and Brian's parents for Christmas dinner. We kept this cider going allll day (8am to 10pm) and even the leftovers were fabulous!!


Cranberry Apple Cider


Ingredients:
* 4 cups water
* 4 cups apple juice (I used light)
* 1 can (12 oz.) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (although I forgot to thaw!)
* 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
* 1 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
* 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned (I used a cutie)
* 1 cinnamon stick

Directions:
1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours (or until cider reaches desired temperature).
3. Remove cinnamon stick before serving (I just let me simmer in the pot!).
4. ENJOY!


Yield 10 servings (~2-1/2 quarts)

No comments:

Post a Comment