Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Puppy Chow


O puppy chow! How everyone loves thee! This year I made this for my grandma up North. It's the one thing that she really likes that I make, and since I couldn't go visit this year, I sent this with my parents! This time I decided to follow the actual directions. I actually think it works better heating the chocolate and peanut butter on the over in a double boiler, and without butter..but whatever..Here is what the recipe says...

Chex Muddy Buddies i.e. Puppy Chow

Ingredients:
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 9 cups Chex (I like rice chex for this recipe)
* 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (who really keeps count? Just shake it til its covered!)


Directions:

1. In a 1-quart microwaveable bowl, mix 1 c. chips, 1/2 c. PB, and 1/4 c. butter. Microwave uncovered 1 minute; stir (This was a little long. I would do it in 30 second intervals).

2.  Keep going until  mixture can be stirred smooth, then add vanilla.

3. In a large bowl, place 9 c. chex.

4. Pour chocolate over cereal and mix.

5. Put in bag and add powdered sugar and shake until evenly coated. 

6. The recipe says to store in airtight container in the fridge, but I never put it in the fridge. O well..ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment