Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Skinny" Sensational Spinach Dip

Yum. This recipe comes from my favorite diabetic cookbook, Eat What You Love, page 131. I paired it with Homemade Pita Chips from the same book on page 135, or here. I thought the dip was fabulous, Brian thought it was too creamy, and Emily thought it was not creamy enough! Everyone did like the flavor though!

Sensational Spinach Dip


Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup light sour cream
* 1/2 cup light mayo
* 3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt (I used plain fat free greek yogurt)
* 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
* 2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1 (8-oz. can) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
* 1 (10 oz. pkg) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1/4 cup dried parsley (I didn't have parsley, so I skipped this)
* 1/4 cup dried minced onion (whoops..I used fresh)
* 3/4 tsp. dried dill

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the 1/2c. sour cream, 1/2c. mayo, and 3/4c. yogurt. Add 1/2t. garlic and mix well. Stir in 2t. soy sauce, and the finely chopped water chestnuts.
2. Add the spinach, 1/4c. parsley (if you use it), 1/4c. onion (DRIED, or fresh), and 3/4t. dill and mix thoroughly.
3. Cover the dip and refrigerate until ready to serve. 


Breakdown per 1/4 cup:
2WWPP
70 cal
4.5g fat
4g carbs
1g fiber
3g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment