Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Orange-Ginger Carrots


This recipe came from my Eat What You Love cookbook (p. 253). I have NEVER cooked carrots..In fact I usually hate them, but Brian requested them for Christmas dinner, so I decided to give them a try. Surprisingly I did not gag one time eating them! I guess my taste buds have changed!

Orange-Ginger Carrots


Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup water
* 3 cups sliced carrots
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger (I used ground ginger)
* Zest from half an orange
* 1/4 cup light orange juice
* 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
* Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saute pan over med./hi. heat. Add the carrots. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes. (the shorter the more crispy, longer more mushy)
2. Remove the lid. Add brown sugar, ginger, orange zest, and OJ. Stir to evenly distribute.
3. Add butter and toss to coat.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. ENJOY!


Breakdown (1/2 cup serving):
Calories: 70
Carbs: 12
Sugars: 8
Fat: 2
Protein: 1
Fiber: 3

WWPP: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment