I was on the hunt for another vegetarian dish and came across this one! It is nice and hearty and is packed with veggies in a good way! The recipe is from HG's 300 Under 300, page 184. Enjoy!
HG Funkadelic Chili Mac
* 1 (14.5oz.) can stewed tomatoes, roughly chopped with the juice reserved
* 1 cup canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (I used the whole can)
* 1 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
* 1/3 cup tomato paste
* 1 tsp. chili powder (or more to taste)
* 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
* 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (or more to taste)
* 5 oz. (~1 1/4c.) uncooked elbow macaroni with at least 2g fiber per 2oz. serving (I used my Ronzoni Garden Spirals that I had)
* 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar Cheese (I kept this optional and ended up using the 2% on it and adjusted points according)
Optional: Cayenne Pepper
1. To make the chili, bring a large pot sprayed with olive oil spray to medium heat on the stove. Add all ingredients except for the pasta and cheese. Stir thoroughly. Cover and cook until veggies are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in separate pot prepare according to box directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Once both are cooked combine the 2 and add any extra seasons. Top each portion with cheese and enjoy!
Breakdown per 1 3/4 cup: