Baked Garlic Fries
* 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic (I use the stuff in a jar)
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 2 russet potatoes (about 6oz each), each cut into bite-size pieces
* 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
* 1 tsp salt (it calls for course sea salt..but I didn't have it)
* 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 440° F.
2. Combine 1 1/2t. garlic and 2T. oil in bowl and microwave about 1 minute (until you can smell the garlic)
3. Transfer most of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to a baking dish to coat.
4. Add potatoes to the garlic and toss to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high until the potatoes are clear around the edges (about 6 minutes). Make sure to mix halfway through.
5. Combine 1 1/2T. cornstarch, 1t. salt, 1t. pepper, 1/4t. garlic powder, and 1/4t. cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss to coat well.
6. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the prepared dish. Bake 30-40 minutes, turning once until brown and crispy.
sooo the round about point value for this is for 1/4 of the recipe (~3oz.) and is 6WWPP..if you can reduce the oil to 1T. the value would go down to 3WWPP..I will try next time!