Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bourbon Balls


This recipe along with all the other cookies I made this season came from this cookbook (p. 60):
I'ts this random cookbook my grandma gave me that was published by Oxmoor House. It is my all time favorite cookie book, and it didn't fail me this year one bit!! The book is PACKED with cookie recipes..so I figured I would give some new ones a try this year and they definitely were yummy!! 

The only complaint about these cookies I had (which was from Brian) was that these cookies were like "taking a shot". You could definitely taste the bourbon, so you have to like bourbon to like these cookies. Everyone else raved about these cookies..especially my family up North!


Bourbon Balls



Ingredients:
* 2 Tablespoons cocoa
* 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
* 1/4 cup bourbon
* 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
* 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
* 1 cup finely chopped pecans
* Additional powdered sugar


Directions:

1. Sift together 2 T. cocoa and 1 c. powdered sugar.

2. Combine 1/4 c. bourbon and 2 T. syrup and stir until well combined.

3. Add syrup mix to cocoa mix, stir well.

4. Add 2 c. wafer crumbs and 1 c. pecans, mix well.

5. Shape into 3/4-inch balls and roll in additional sugar to coat.

6. Allow to dry before serving and voila!! Yummy bourbon balls!


Yields: ~3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment