Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tea Punch, LIGHT

***Update! Want an even lighter punch? I omitted all extra Truvia, trimmed the OJ down to 1 cup and the pineapple juice to 1 cup..this means that you can drink 3 cups for only 1WWPP!!***

So at all the Russell gatherings someone makes Tea Punch. I absolutely love it, but it is sooo packed with sugar and carbs I knew that I couldn't drink it and stay on track, so I thought, why not make my own, lighter version? Surprisingly it turned out great! Everyone said it tasted almost the same as the normal Tea Punch, but here is the kicker, 1 cup of this stuff is less than 1WWPP, while normal Tea Punch is probably 4-5WWPP! A HUGE difference! So without further a do....

Tea Punch



Ingredients:
* 12 normal sized tea bags (or 4 family size) (I used mostly decaf so that I could drink it any time of day)
* 4 cups Minute Maid Light OJ
* 2 cups pineapple juice
* 1 packet Crystal Light lemonade
* ~1/2 cup Truvia (maybe a tad on the lesser side)
* Make sure you have a gallon jug to mix all of this in. My pitcher wasn't big enough so I mixed it all in the small pitcher and added in water as needed.


Directions:
1. Boil 4 cups of water on the stove and steep all 12 tea bags for 30 minutes. Stir in Truvia.
2. Mean while, mix lemonade with about 4 cups of water. Add in OJ and pineapple juice.
3. Mix everything together and add 3-4 cups of water (depending on how sweet and strong you want it). 
4. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment